MISSION OF THE GLOBAL EXECUTIVE FORUM ADVISORY COUNCIL IS TO PROVIDE EACH MEMBER ACCESS TO
AN ADVISORY BOARD OF PEERS FOR THE PURPOSE OF RESOLVING ISSUES, IMPROVING
ORGANIZATIONAL AND PERSONAL PERFORMANCE, DEVELOPING MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS,
AND FOR IMPROVING LEADERSHIP SKILLS.
- The mission will be accomplished by the sharing of thoughts on critical
issues among a small group of non-competing executives of industrial
firms under the guidance of a senior facilitator.
- Target enrollment for each chapter is 10 members.
- Members are executives, owners, president/owners
of non-competing industrial firms (manufacturing,
- Minimum company sales are $500,000.
- The meetings begin with a roundtable issues discussion
and review of carry-over items from the prior
session lasting until 12:00. Lunch is from
12:00-12:45 during which the group
is joined by a guest
speaker (a business professional or consultant).
The guest speaker presents from 12:45 to
1:30. The remaining hour is available for informal
discussions with the guest speaker, peer interaction,
and planning for future meetings.
- M. Bass organizes the EF and facilitates
its meetings including providing notes
on carry-over items for the next meeting
- M. Bass will meet privately with each member
as required (at least quarterly) to review
the progress of issues resolution.
- An added service is that CCA serves as
a clearinghouse among EF groups regionally
and nationally for
the purpose of cross selling of products
services and the building of business
development relationships among member
EXECUTIVE FORUM DISCUSSION ISSUES
- How do I know my staffing level is correct for my size and type of business?
- How can I attract and retain good people?
- As a small customer to my major supplier of raw
material, is there anything we can do to reduce
our purchased material costs?
- My business has seasonal cycles. Do I chase production
orders and hire and lay-off or do I use a level
- I built this business from the ground up and
have trouble letting go and delegating. How
can I let go?
- How can we implement “Lean Manufacturing”
- What can be done to offset the spiraling
health insurance costs?
- We have taken on an order that is greater
than 50% of a normal year’s business.
How can I insure it will not bury our
- My chief competitor is bigger. What
is my best competitive strategy?
- My business is too heavily concentrated
in one industry. How do we diversify?
- How do we upgrade our staff to
adjust to more demanding and
- We are disappointed with the
quantity and quality of the
students from our local trade school. How do
we get trainable skilled workers?
- How do I pick good managers?
- My time management and personal
organization need great
improvement – I always feel I am playing
- How can computers and information
technology improve our
- How do I select and deal
with a commercial banker?
- How can we reduce the
on our accounts receivable?
- We want to build
a proprietary product.
How do we pick a product?
- How do we build
value in our
business and develop a plan
for our eventual
- How do I deal
with the dilemma
of being too busy
on the day-to-day
duties to allocate time for strategic
- How do we adjust
to build competitive advantages
- How do we
sales opportunities without adding